find what you're looking for

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Edgar Allan Poe

One of my professors wanted us to create a book cover for a short story by Edgar Allan Poe. I chose "The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether". It's a story of a mental hospital where the patients take over.This is the story. I thought it was very interesting.

There is an old schoolhouse nearby that's been shuttered and I thought it could pass for a mental institution. My dear, sweet, patient husband stood in as both Dr. Tarr and Prof. Fether. Then I took pictures of his arm and hands. I used Photoshop to place the doctor and professor in front of the school. I found an old hospital sign on the internet and placed that in as well. Then I took his hands and arm in the windows to make it look like people were trying to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment